Job Title: Senior Accountant
Department: Pillar Central Services
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Treasurer, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the month-end-close, including month end reporting to the Treasurer, the monitoring and maintenance of the general ledger, staff support and supervision of support staff, and any other miscellaneous accounting tasks as needed.
- General Supervision
- Coordinates activities
- Supervises Assistants
- Supervises Fellow Workers
- Supervises Department(s)
Accounting Functions on a Daily, Weekly, Monthly Basis:
- Reconcile all cash accounts.
- Approve Vouchers and AR entries
- Make biweekly and monthly payroll transfers
- Make monthly transfers to the Missions Field
- Prepare General Journal Entries.
- Fixed asset schedules
- Budget entry into Blackbaud system
- Financial statements, Statement of Activities, Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Cash Flows audited and submit to Treasurer
- Using Excel: update cash flow spreadsheet, submit to Treasurer weekly showing fiscal year to date, month to date and week to date changes
- Review and approve weekly payable amount
- Oversee maintenance and monitoring General Ledger, including 1) Standard Monthly journal entries, 2) Reconciliation of balance sheet account, 3) Make adjusting entries to inter-funds as required and reconcile and 4) Month-end-close
- Supervise Accounts Payable Accountant, Cash Receipts Accountant
- Responsible for reconciliation and record keeping of all bank and investment accounts
- Responsible for reconciliation and reporting of monthly receivables for: Star 99 Pledges Receivable, Star 99 Broadcasters & Advertising/Underwriting ZCC Contributions
- Support and oversight of all accounting functions in the Business Office
- Analysis and audit of general ledger accounts
- Oversight of purchase requisitions and voucher approval by the Finance Committee Members
- Send Weekly Open Invoice Reports for all ministries (in Excel format)
- Handle all accounting matters with AAT in reference to the Radio Tower
- Assist Board and Ministries in any special projects requested
- Manage Insurance Policies: Multi-Peril, Umbrella, Flood, Auto, Media Liability, Environmental, Farm
- Biweekly Payroll journal entries
- 941 Quarterly Reconciliations
- Budget analysis, preparation and entry into the accounting system
- 1099 analysis and preparation
- Monitor all tax issues: UBIT, real estate
- Annual audit preparation and work with auditors: (Fixed asset schedules, Depreciation, other schedules as needed)
- Prepare Year-end close for Blackbaud: (Print all final reports)
- Previous experience in all aspects of general accounting
- Previous experience in other accounting software systems, and spreadsheets
- Previous analytical and accounting experience
- Previous experience with Blackbaud Financial Systems highly desirable
- Previous experience working in a non-profit organization.
- Accounting Degree or other applicable 4 year degree.
- Expertise in spreadsheets and agility in accounting software systems.
- Comprehensive understanding and practical knowledge of accounting principles.
- Must be able to research information; analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations and plan for action.
- Skills in planning, organizing, systematizing, implementing are essential.
- Must have proven skills in problem solving and decision-making.
- Proven ability to handle with integrity confidential and sensitive information.
- Must be able to prepare reports, correspondence, meet deadlines
- Must have knowledge and experience in use of computer applications, particularly MS Excel, Word.
D. Interpersonal Skills:
- Mature Christian, familiar with the culture and mission of the organization
- A Christian of good reputation and credibility
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to negotiate and manage interactions with employees, coworkers, department heads, insurance representatives
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- Team player, able to interact well with coworkers, department heads.
- Friendly and polite with excellent phone skills.
- Ability to keep records confidential.
Our Organization: Pillar Ministries is a non-profit religious organization. We are looking for a candidate from the Christian Faith, who is familiar with the culture, values, beliefs and the mission of our organization.
- Private Office
- Pleasant, professional environment
- Regular interaction with staff throughout the campus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: 85% of time spent sitting at desk using computer and phone. 15% of time standing and walking including walking to and from several different buildings on the campus. Standing includes time filing or looking at files.
- Full Time
- Benefit Eligible
This position is required to be performed on the office premises
Pillar Ministries is looking for a Senior Accountant from the Christian faith, to work in the Central Services Department. Qualified candidates interested in applying for this position, should send a letter of interest and an updated resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.